As children, many of us have taken road trips with our parents and significant others to different areas around the world (sometimes forced, sometimes voluntarily). But one thing is for sure, you often find some beautiful scenery along the way. For some of our followers, their favorite scenic drives were experienced on a trip to Alberta, Canada and Kerry, Ireland. For others, they’re right here in the great state of Minnesota.
Check out some of these sweet driving spots!
- JC: Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee in the fall.
- TG: The drive to Red Wing, it’s so beautiful.
- CH: #1: Hana Highway, Maui!!
- Runners-up: Ring of Kerry, Ireland; 17-Mile Drive, Monterey; Kancamagus Highway, New Hampshire; Highway 101, Oregon-California; Ruta Panoramica, Puerto Rico; Bluebonnet Trail, Texas; North Shore Drive, Minnesota; Red Rock All-American Road, Arizona; Cascade Loop, Washington.
Hana Highway- Maui, Hawaii
- NP: Highway 91 between Chandler, MN and Leota, MN, beautiful farm country.
- CRS: From Duluth, up the North Shore on the old scenic Highway 61. Incredibly beautiful in any season.
- KN: Driving through the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada.
Valley of Fire State Park- Moapa Valley, Nevada
- JG: Going to the Sun Road Glacier National Park.
- RL: Colorado River, Glenwood Canyon, Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
- RP: Eureka, Montana to Cour d’alene, Idaho! If you haven’t done it you need to before you die.
Cour d'alene Lake, Idaho
- LA: Driving south down the coast around Big Sur, CA.
- MS: Lacrosse, Wisconsin to Red Wing, Minnesota, following the Mississippi River.
- JS: Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper in Alberta.
Icefields Parkway- Alberta, Canada
- MB: Minnesota State Highway 1 (MN 1) is a highway in northwest and northeast Minnesota, which runs from North Dakota Highway 54 at the North Dakota state line (at the Red River in Oslo) and continues east to its eastern terminus at its intersection with Minnesota Highway 61 at the unincorporated community of Illgen City in Beaver Bay Township on the North Shore of Lake Superior. At 346 miles (557 km) in length, Highway 1 is the longest state route in Minnesota.
- BN: Driving from island to island in the Florida keys. Unique, beautiful and key lime pie stops along the way.
- RS: Through the mountains, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- PJ: From Duluth up the North Shore on Highway 61. It’s so beautiful in the fall….or anytime.
- BWF: 169 south from Jordan to Mankato.
- DM: Needles Highway in the Black Hills.
Needles Highway- Black Hills, South Dakota