Questioning unusual smells isn't anyone's favorite thing to do; however, ignoring your nose when it comes to your car can be costly. Identifying certain smells and acting promptly is one way to avoid complicated mechanical issues down the road.
Smells to be aware of:
- Burnt rubber could be from slipping drive belts or misplaced loose hoses.
- Hot oil could mean that oil is leaking onto the exhaust system.
- Gasoline might indicate a leak in a gas line.
- Sweet smell of syrup may be a sign that your car is leaking engine coolant.
- Burning carpet could be a sign of brake trouble.
- Rotten eggs could mean a problem with your catalytic converter, or worse, engine trouble.
The Car Care Council prepared the following “sniff test” infographic on how to investigate six vehicle warning signs your nose can recognize.
Should you detect any of these warning smells coming from your vehicle, follow your nose to a service department for a professional diagnosis.
Visit the #1 Used Car Dealer in the Twin Cities
No matter if you've been planning to purchase a new vehicle or need one in a pinch, everyday at Poquet Auto is a great day to get a great price on a vehicle. As the leading pre-owned car dealer in the Twin Cities, you’re sure to have a great experience when you visit Poquet. From the moment you step in the door, our professional staff will help you find the best vehicle, no matter the make, model, or price you’re looking for.